04 July 2005

Consumption

Much sleep

I was a male war bride terrific, hilarious. Lots of physical comedy by Grant.

On the Waterfront (with Marlon Brando. Exceptional.

Mr. Norrell & Jonathan Strange, book on CD. (I hate books on CD - Cassettes are much much better - Hard to find your place again.)

1 comment:

Jack Lord said...

I'll watch anything with Cary Grant in it.

Having never listened to a book on tape, cd, lp, or 8-track, I guess the part of the appeal would be who was reading it? William Shatner reading Shakespeare? Do most of the authors read there own stuff or do they hire a ghost voice?

I take that back: I do have an audio tape of "Where the Wild Things Are." Two problems: 1. the voice scares my kids! and 2. I keep thinking "That's not how I read it!" I've read it so many times out loud that the pattern and melody of the words is stuck in my head only the way that I read it... I love reading it out loud.