03 February 2006

Ask Meta-Filter

Chickie gets t-shirt from boyfriend.
Shirt is kind of rough.
Question: How to make t-shirt yummy soft?

One of the "best" answers... :)

"I'm allergic to fabric softener, gives me a rash, the smell makes my nose itch.
To really soften up your t-shirt, I'd recommend doing your best to break the fibers down manually: leave it on the floor, step on it, do the twist on it, treat it generally like crap. It will take a while, but will eventually be heavenly-soft. This is the kind of life-lessons you get from being a slob.

posted by Sara Anne at 8:02 AM PST on January 30
"

Source
More interesting answers from another post (Hint: use vinegar)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

therapeutic as well

what about "put-downs"?

"You worthless clump of fibers - I wouldn't wear you if you were the last t-shirt on earth!"

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!"