with all my attention to organization; reading LifeHacker like it's crack; and my unending quest to optimize everything, including my own thinking, I think I should formally take up this "how to be an expert" approach. that is, really dig deeply into the concept of "organization". (becoming an "expert" sounds too daunting and formal. this can not become druggery.)
I already have the MLS. Nonetheless, I think it's time I reviewed formal organization methods and expand beyond LIS to other areas. I've been interested in (and very good at) interface design for years. I'm always tweaking procedures. Or, wasting time trying to figure out the most efficient way to do things. I'm going to run with this. Thanks to the catalyst, Creating Passionate Users & those who commented on the column, "How to be an expert" .
Possible areas
LIS - review
Information architecture
Spatial organization (readings on how to optimize your life, your time, your files, etc.)
How to write clearly - ?Technical writing?
MindMapping
?Management / re-organization / roles?
Interface design
Presentation design / uses
This comes to me naturally. Can't tell you how many times I've heard from the boss that I'm a "systems thinker" and a "detail person". I should really capture the energy and focus it, rather than trying not to be this way. Embrace it, young girl. Embrace it!
Ummmm... yeh.
Or... Collection development. My true joy. need to think like above using coll dev as the object.
Creamy Asparagus & Mushroom Soup
2 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment