Nice article in LifeHacker on the ETech conference. Sounds much like, yet geekier than, the ideaFestival I went to two years ago. Cool new technologies. Disc. re: info overload.
Are you suffering from "continuous partial attention"? I know I am. seriously. that term pegs it perfectly. It is "the state of constantly scanning your environment - the Blackberry, your email, the person talking to you, others walking by, the TV on the wall - for better opportunities to spend your time." I hear you. I think that's why i'm enjoying my evening so much. No music. No TV. No computer (until now). Actually read an entire book. It was very relaxing.
More: Part ii ... including images of fighting Roombas!
How can you beat that. My Roomba was taken down after about a week, by pet hair, and my aversion to how loud it was. Nonetheless, it was way cool.
Oh, crap!! MAKE was there!! I love MAKE! Anyone want to give me a subscription? tee-hee. Love the mag. Read it cover to cover in one sitting usually. I went to ideaFestival partly to hear the editor of mental_floss speak. MAKE was there. egads. how cool.
Creamy Asparagus & Mushroom Soup
2 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment