27 June 2007

The Way - A Way

I want you to stop gathering information from outside yourself and start gathering it from the inside. - Soc

What are you part of some cult or something? - Dan

People are afraid of what's inside. And that's the only place they are ever going to find what they need.- Soc

------

Take out the trash, Dan. The trash is anything that is keeping you from the only thing that matters: this moment. Here. Now.

... And when you truly are in the here and now you'll be amazed at what you can do and how well you can do it. - Soc

------

Habit is the problem. All you have to do is be conscious about YOUR CHOICES and responsible for YOUR ACTIONS. - Soc

------

Wake up. Live your life. Don't run away from it. Sometimes it will hurt. Sometimes it will be wonderful. But you need to experience all of it and not hide out from it.

------

You just have to decide to get into your heart and be happy.



I didn't connect too well with the movie, Peaceful Warrior. I kept expecting, hoping to connect to it, be moved by it the same way I was by Dan's books. I am very very happy the movie was made. I think it'll lead many folks to his books, and that can only make the world a better place. Having read several of his books, I felt the movie just skims the surface, which seems reasonable for something lasting about two hours. The DVD interviews in the bonus section are well-worth getting the movie. There (finally) was an interview with Dan. And Nick Nolte and others involved in the project have some lovely insights - Some quoted above. I was kicking myself for not getting to it while it was in theatres, but now I'm grateful.

Kudos to Netflix for getting to me on THE DAY it was released. Cool!!


I'm glad I watched it. It helps reinforce the path.



No comments: