Very nice debate.
Dish Network sucks - It lost signal partway through.
Internet is great - CNN radio worked.
It was nice to see Political Leaders being cordial AND strong.
I do think they would be a good team. What would be a thrilling team would be One of the Candidates as President, Edwards or the other candidate as vice president, and Kucinich as a cabinet advisor. Al Gore as Environment/Energy Guru and Cabinet advisor would make for an incredible team.
I would have preferred Kucinich as President, but these three are candidates more folks align with (and are more likely sway independents / republicans THAN Kucinich which will be CRITICAL in the final fight against the Pro-Life Conservatives), even if Kucinich would have done more for our country.
What wasn't addressed was THE most important issue: The Environment
(unless it was addressed in the 15 minutes I missed).
Really, folks. If we don't take care of our emissions and improve our environment, working collaboratively with other nations to do the same, none of these other issues are going to matter. Please process that!
I think Obama may work better across the aisle.
I think Obama isn't nearly strong enough on the Environment.
I think Clinton did NOT address the issue of her husband. It is sad that she would have to address that, but Bill brought it on her. He needs to back off, follow her lead and not be used as the Bad Cop to show off her Good Cop.
I think Obama's point about her judgment and needing good judgment from Day 1, not just experience from Day 1 (her point), is a strong point to consider.
These musings from an Undecided Voter.
I'm am very worried and EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that we have NO ONE on the ballot on either side of the aisle to pick from that will address THE issue that needs to be addressed. Once Environment gets addressed-- Yes, all the rest will matter, and both Clinton and Obama have solid plans. But, for goodness sake, deal with Energy & the Environment!
Interesting Note:
For most of the debates, the Republicans used each other's surname -- a sign of respect.
The Democrats, most often used each other's first name - while this is a sign of friendliness and familiarity, it is not a sign of power or respect. I was pleased with Obama shifted the language back to surnames. They BOTH need to be seen as people of power worthy of respect, and addressed as such.
And, hey, Obama is actually going to come to the desert. That says something there. Who knew...
Creamy Asparagus & Mushroom Soup
2 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment