Made pie crust from scratch. A most feared activity. Went really well - and boy does that crust taste great. Raw, at least. It just came out of the oven. Many thanks to Larousse Gastronomique, 1961, page 354, "lining paste/pate a foncer ordinaire". Easy - I'll probably make one again. yeah.
Made the quiche completely differently than usual, too. followed (generally) the recipe on page 797. Used (fat free - don't tell) half & half and milk, instead of cream. It looks quite different. Gorgeous brown and puffy - we'll see if that lasts as it cools. Called for the laying of strips of bacon in the bottom and optional Gruyere - had none of that, but used some other cheese with the last few shreds of bacon i had. It looks so nice!
Pie crust did an interesting thing and curved round the pie. I left about an inch head space - wonder what caused that. Perhaps all the butter in the crust? new to this crust making stuff. Can't wait to sample it!
The orange-scented coriander scones are light and lovely also. Substituted 2 T. of orange-flower water for 2 T. of the buttermilk. The house smells like orange-flower water now. Tastes terrific - Not a big fan of coriander, so i cut it in half. boy the orange and coriander complement one another. God, please let them not be rocks tomorrow morn.
Dinner? Fettucini topped with beef & broccolli sauteed with dark, rich soy sauce, tahini, a bit of sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar. Super fast & tasty. I wasn't in the mood to dick around. until after I ate this... then the creativity kicked in and now I have breakfast for days.
Creamy Asparagus & Mushroom Soup
2 hours ago

2 comments:
makes my spaghettios seems a little uh... plain
never had spaghettios
what do they taste like?
Post a Comment