
The thing I remember best and always enjoyed was the way she walked when we went for a W, pacing is how I think of it, moving all in a straight line, covering ground like she had somewhere important to go, and she did it beautifully and so efficiently. That was harder for her to do recently, but she had some periods of it on our last walk in Boise, and it thrilled me to see it again, and a little bit the last time we went out that night here. I do not think I see it in other dogs, and I thought maybe it was the wolf in her.
And I remember the walks we took during the move to Boise, especially the first one at the rest stop in Iowa, in between storms, amongst the restored tall prairie grasses and with the wind howling like mad. She had lots to consider along those trails and we were out there for quite a while, and I think it gave her some compensation and relief from the distressing unusualness of the move.
And I remember her inevitable enthusiasm about every time I put a leash on her; it is nice to be so predictably able to thrill somebody. editorial note: :)
And I was glad to have the last chance to be with her at Christmas, especially our brief night walk.

No comments:
Post a Comment