16 May 2009

Presence & Power

What is power?
Is it Power that I saw matched in the film, or something else?

Power
Personal Power
Self
Projection
Projection of Self
Aggression
Assertion
Presence
Resonance
Being fully present
Being Open
Receptive
Creative
Finding, attracting, choosing Matched Energies


Right now, it seems to me this character, Elena, brought her full Self to each situation and to her writing. Assuming responsiblilty for her creation, she brought presence and power into each situation. Receptive and open yet not weak or submissive. She was fully present, and stood toe-to-toe to the situations she created and the people she fucked. Matching and meeting their energies, but not in an aggressive, confrontational, or combative way.

Essentially, I just awoke and wondered, Is Power really the right word here? I still can't answer that, I guess. What was there: A fully present Self that was grounded in her own being and didn't have to reach out for or aggressively defend her space.

Hmmm... close, but not entirely there.

No comments: