The Call --
To Reach Your Side (Lhasa)
I give thanks to your body
for waiting for me
I had to get lost
to reach your side
I give thanks to your arms
for reaching me
I had to go so far
to reach your side
I give thanks to your hands
for bearing me
I had to burn up
to reach your side
The Response --
The Confession (Lhasa)
I'm not afraid
to say that I betrayed you
Out of pure laziness
Out of pure melancholy
Between you and the Devil
I chose the most comfortable
But all of that isn't the reason
that I feel guilty Dear Friend
I'm not afraid
to say you frighten me
with your hope
and your great sense of honor
You make me want to
ruin everything
to tear that smile
from your face
and even that
is not the reason
that I feel guilty
That's the worst of it
I feel guilty
because it's a habit
It's the only thing
I can do with real certainty
It's reassuring to think that
there is no mistake when it comes
to the question of my great guilt
I'm not afraid
to say I cheated
I put my most pure thoughts
up for sale
I want to forget
this whole idea of < Truth >
I'll keep as my guides
only pleasure and guilt
Creamy Asparagus & Mushroom Soup
2 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment