26 August 2005

Dance Life

One of my favorite albums is the Billy Elliot soundtrack. Particularly the track, Cosmic Dancer by T Rex. Hard to play that track too loud or too long. In that light, I was smiling when I received these quotes from Quotes of the Day in my in box, earlier this week.


Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
- Leroy "Satchel" Paige, 1906 - 1982

We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.
- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844 - 1900

Dance is a little insanity that does us all a lot of good.
- Edward Demby

If you have a skeleton in your closet, take it out and dance with it.
- Carolyn MacKenzie (LOVE this one! LOL!!)

Quotes from Billy Elliot

Grandma: I used to go to ballet.
Billy: See?
Dad: All right for your Nana, for girls. No, not for lads, Billy. Lads do football... or boxing... or wrestling. Not friggin' ballet.

Dad: I'm bustin' my ass for those 50 pences and you're - look, from now on, you stay here and look out for your Nana. Got that? Good.
Grandma: They used to say I could have been a professional dancer if I'd had the trainin'!
Dad: WILL YOU SHUT UP?


Cosmic Dancer
by T Rex

I was dancing when I was twelve
I was dancing when I was twelve
I was dancing when I was ahh
I was dancing when I was ahh
I danced myself right out the womb
I danced myself right out the womb
Is it strange to dance so soon?
I danced myself right out the womb

I was dancing when I was eight
I was dancing when I was eight
Is it strange to dance so late?
Is it strange to dance so late?

I danced myself into the tomb
I danced myself into the tomb
Is it strange to dance so soon?
I danced myself into the tomb

Is it wrong to understand
The fear that dwells inside a man?
What's it like to be a loon?
I liken it to a balloon

I danced myself out of the womb
I danced myself out of the womb
Is it strange to dance so soon?
I danced myself into the tomb
(But then again once more)

I danced myself out of the womb
I danced myself out of the womb
Is it strange to dance so soon?
I danced myself out of the womb


(the music on this track is uplifting - v nice)

No comments: