13 August 2005

One Peril of Persistence

"Aren't we great?"
"Aren't we fine?"
"I love you"
"Yeh, you're mine."

This is how it was back then.
This is how he got within.

Flattery.
Conviction.
Convincing me that we were right.

This is how it was back then.
It must not be this way again.

I want to think.
I want to feel.
I want to decide what is real.

To give in again
[to persistence]
would kill
the me in me
that i've now found.

I want to think.
I want to feel.
I want to decide what is real.


S L O W . . .


In memory of my marriage

[apologies to any folks who actually read this. tonight's style appears to be Seuss-esque (and rather bad, yet not couched [and honest].)]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

cuore said...

Josh McDowell:

"What you are as a single person, you will be as a married person, only to a greater degree. Any negative character trait will be intensified in a marriage relationship, because you will feel free to let your guard down -- that person has committed himself to you and you no longer have to worry about scaring him off."

YES! Ah... what a insideous belief; one that I held dear for many years.

Took a LONG time (and hard internal struggle) to let go of the thought that I just "get to let it all hang out", "say what you feel" all the time, and "be completely myself".

Just because "you will feel free to..." does NOT mean you should.

Mysteries. Time. Space. Mindfulness. All, just as important as being able to be open, honest, and expressive.

My Thoughts - Cuore

cuore said...

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
- Dr. Seuss

YES!

Amen, Cuore

P.S. Looking from a great distance helps. ;-)